Thursday, August 18, 2011

Random OpenWRT Musing

This evening I was logging in to blogger to try and think about something to post. When I opened Firefox, somehow I ended up pulling my personal domain up in the location bar. It took me to the LuCI control panel for my router... I could have sworn I had a firewall rule in my router that forwarded this to the machine running my Apache server, but then why was the domain redirecting me to my router management page. As it turns out, and I still have not confirmed this, I think I only set up the firewall rule to apply to connections inbound from the WAN port on my router. I can't really test it from inside my network but I plan on testing it out tomorrow at the office. I could have sworn that the last time I tried hitting my domain from the outside it went to a 404 page since my website isn't fully up yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment